Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So, what constitutes a crisis anyway?

America - home of the red, white and BLUESThat's what I asked the mental health worker I spoke to Tuesday afternoon when she informed me that I wouldn't be able to schedule an appointment until September (to be seen in October!) and asked if I wanted to make use of their crisis services. Of course, I gave her no opportunity to answer, as I was busy telling her my short list of reasons why I'm not in crisis.
  1. I'm not suicidal.
  2. No self harm here.
  3. No risk of overdose or alcohol poisoning.
  4. I'm not really acting out ED behavior.
  5. While I have a history of EDs, I don't really fit the diagnostic criteria for an eating disorder anymore.

Obviously, I don't want to risk being hospitalized. Though I know I could always sign myself out...unless I got 302ed by the state. I need to cast those fears aside. I don't have to talk about ED crap.

Thinking about this is freaking me out. I'll call the crisis line tomorrow. I just want to ask some questions about ocd, adhd and anxiety. Seriously, I need to get real and address the issues so I can get on with my life.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment