Tuesday, July 12, 2011

anorexia won't fix your problems

The title of today's post sums something up. I don't know what. This is what some bitch said to me as she passed me on the sidewalk today. In a clear voice she said, "Anorexia won't fix your problems." I wanted to say, 'It would fix some of yours, fatass!' But I said nothing.

Firstly, she doesn't know me. Secondly, I'm not even thin right now. Maybe. Maybe! If I were six pounds lighter, then it could be a legitimate accusation. At 90 pounds, I start to look thin. Even if I were thin, what makes her think it's acceptable to say that to someone. It's the equivalent of me walking up to a random person and saying, "Binge eating won't fix your problems." Or, "Consumerism won't solve your problems."

I was annoyed, especially because I was walking with my son. Fortunately, he was monologuing about a game we both play and didn't notice Passing Rude Girl. But still! I'll do what ever the fuck I want to with my body. If I want to starve or binge or slam heroin in my veins, it's my choice. Grrr.


2 comments:

  1. How rude! As a bulimic who appears to be healthy, I haven't had to deal with stupid comments from people. But you're right, whatever you decide to do to your body is YOUR choice! Fatties are outraged whenever someone says something about how fat they are, but people feel they can say whatever they want about the thin. Not a cool double standard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the empathy. There's so much hate toward thin people anymore. What a twisted world, eh?

    ReplyDelete